You can visit the forum post here.
What's Changed ?All the internal UHMWPE support/structure is being replaced with 2"x1"x0.125" aluminium (6063 T3) channel. I'll be buying it from Aluminium Warehouse and they offer a cutting service which I'll use to get the lengths into ~500mm sections. This massively simplifies the mounting of the motors not to mention improving the rigidity of the robot. I'm going to keep the 20mm & 0.5mm tool steel composite armour for the moment however it can be changed out later.
- I'll make nut strip using 12mmx12mm aluminium bar with M6 threads and use that to connect the aluminium channel together.
- The front and rear armour has been upgraded to 4mm-6mm Hardox however this will need to be machined by someone with the tools.
- The top and bottom armour/covers will also be upgraded to 5mm polycarbonate however I'm not too sure how to mount these.
- The lifter will now be powered by 2 linear actuators from Gimson but the overall design & calculations are still in progress.
- The wheels will be Banebots 2-7/8" Shure 50 tires with 3/4" hex mounting, I'll then use the 1/2" to 3/4" key way mount to affix these to the shafts. The gears will hopefully be attached to the wheels but I may get HPC to put a 1/2" key way mount on them too.
The revised total weight is 8.3kg minus lifting arm and revised total cost is £414.06.